Saturday, December 6, 2014

Wheels TV video of Joaquin Arnett

Filmed at Joaquin's resident in San Diego, CA 


I found this video of Dad, around 2010. It was made when he was 76 years old..
I love being able to hear his voice and see him so into his cars and friends.. He loved racing and building the cars. He had such a camaraderie with the hot rod community.. Many of his personal photos are in this film.  We still have these and are still on the big display boards my brother, Jeff Arnett and I currently have.  
Long time childhood friends, Ruben Lovato, and Leo Leyba both original Bean Bandits are in this video. Dad is discussing the club and roles of the members, including Carlos Ramirez, the driver, and alternate driver Andrew Ortega.  The Paradise Mesa drag strip was being used for the groups beginnings and is shown here.. My mom Viola Arnett, Dad and I watched it at the Petersen Museum at a dinner honoring the pioneers of drag racing. Dad had asked for a copy but things did not turn out. I was glad to see this little gem of a film.. thanks to Wheels TV..

If you would like to comment feel free to do so.. any stories you have to tell are welcomed.. Please leave you contact info if you wish...
Thanks Jackie



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States
I was born and raised in San Diego, CA. I spent my early week-ends going to the drags with Mom, Dad and my brother Sonny. We mostly went to the Paradise Mesa Drags. No pit passes back then We were free to go to the starting line and watch them push start my dad's cars. We would run all around the surrounding canyons and had lots of freedom. My mom would bring Beans, Rice and tortillas which we all ate for lunch..